Saturday, November 6, 2010

A tirade about teachers

Important thought.

There are teachers who actually work really hard to educate your students.

There are teachers who care.

There are teachers who have passion for educating - but not only that, passion for continuing to learn.

Lately, all I hear about are the bad teachers.

Maybe if we praised the good teachers, the bad ones would work harder.

I don't have to wait for superman. I see him everyday at my school...working hard to educate your students.

But they aren't just educating.

They are parenting, guiding, loving, leading, caring, growing, fostering...do I have to continue?

And I might add they are doing all these things for a meager salary.

My tribute:

Here's to Mr. Amm, who taught me how to find my passion.

Here's to an English teacher who let us stand on desks and sing. Thanks, Mr. Adrian.

Here's to my Brit Lit professor, Dr. Cook, who taught me that women can be independent and strong.

The list goes on and on.

And on.

Thanks to the teachers, who despite all criticism and hardship and testing...still teach.

2 comments:

  1. From one teacher to another--- Carrie, I could kiss you right now!! What terrific words- and they're hitting me at a time when I needed a boost. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. I was just weary of all the nonsense.

    ReplyDelete